Agricultural Engineering is the branch of engineering with the integration of Mechanical, Chemical, Civil Engineering and Basic Science with the approaches of design, development of system, machinery, product, process and theories pertaining to the agriculture production & processing technology. Agricultural Engineers are veteran professionals who integrate technology with farming and apply the modern science for the growth and development of agriculture.
To provide responsive and qualitative education for development of agriculture and strengthen the farm mechanization, soil conservation practices and food processing technology.
To become India's leading institute in the field of Agricultural Engineering and encourage students to learn various aspects of Agricultural Engineering.
The scope and extent of Agriculture Engineering is very wide and play pivotal role in the nation’s economy by improving the yield and production per unit land area with the intervention of precision farming equipment
The scope of Agricultural Engineering is both wide and varied covering diverse items such as farm machinery & power, agricultural processing & diary machinery, soil & water conservation along with farm irrigation & drainage, farm building and structures
To provide relevant education to the students in the field of farm machinery, food processing and soil water conservation. To promote research, agricultural productivity, cost reduction in farming and farm mechanization.
GRADUATION - Duration 4 Yrs.
Polytechnic Diploma in Agriculture Engg. (3yrs.)
B.Tech. Agriculture Engg. (4 yrs.)
Passed 10+2 with PCM/ PCBM or equivalent examination with Minimum 50% (45% for Reserved categories)
M.Tech. (Agril. Engg.) - Processing and Food Engineering (2 Yrs.)
BE/B.Tech in relevant Stream/ subject pass with minimum 50 %
Dr. Ajeet Sarathe
B.Tech (Agricultural Engineering)
M.Tech (Post harvest process and Food Engineering)
Ph. D (Food & Agril Engineering)
Specialization: Food Process EngineeringExperience: 11 Year
- Soil and water conservation lab
- Farm power lab
- Farm machinery lab
- Processing and food engineering lab
- Surveying and leveling lab
- Irrigation lab
- Basic civil engineering lab
- Mechanical engineer lab
- Renewable energy sources lab
- ICT class room
- Tractor and agricultural machinery training and repairing center
- Poly house
- Experimental learning field
- Computer lab
- CAD/CAM design lab
- Remote sensing lab
- Collaboration with Foreign universities
- MOU with industries
- Incubation centre for food processing preservation
- Micro irrigation training set up
Department of Agricultural Engineering conducts the Industrial Visit program to enhance and instil practical experience in the students where they can experience the practical working of industry.
- Deendayal Research Institute, Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Satna(M.P.)
- Central Institute of Agricultural Engineering, Bhopal
- Bhalla Dairy Farm in Badkhar, Satna
- Sahakari Dugdh Sangh Maryadit, Jabalpur (M.P.
- Bansagar Dam, Shahdol
- Krishi Abhiyantriki Sambhag, Satna. M.P.
Economic analysis of production marketing and value addition of wheat in Satna district of Madhya Pradesh
Study on existing method of paddy threshing in Satna district for enacting suitable mechanical intervention
Design Development and Performance evaluation of manually operated modified soil conditioner
Development and Performance Evaluation of single man operated paddy thresher
Design fabrication and performance evaluation of paddle operated modified groundnut decorticator
AKS University, Satna is committed to provide vast opportunities to the students. Recruiters recruit the students through campus placements and also via open campus placements. Students of AKS University have made the benchmark as they are working in different industries of India, various government services and even started their own business.
Department of Agriculture Engineering conducts the academic training program for the students in India’s Esteemed Institutes such as:
- Central Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institute, Budni, M.P.
- North Eastern Region Farm Machinery Training & Testing Institute, Biswanath Chariali, Assam.
- Southern Region Farm Machinery Training and Testing Institute, Anantapur, A.P.
- Northern Region Farm Machinery Training & Testing Institute, Hisar, Haryana.
- CSIR-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute, Ludhiana, Punjab.
- Sahakari Dugdh Sangh Maryadit, Jabalpur. M.P.
- Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Thanjavur, T.N
- National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, Haryana
- Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- Mahindra and Mahindra, Nagpur, M.H
- Eicher Tractors, Bhopal( M.P.)
- Jain Irrigation, Jalgaon, M.H
- NETAFIM, Bhopal, M.P.
- Sadhguru Foundation, Gujarat
AKS University, Satna gets some of the best students from all over India and Faculty of Agricultural Engineering is committed to nourish them in such a way that they can accomplish their goals. Many exemplary students have successfully achieved milestone by qualifying toughest examinations such as GATE and JRF conducted by IIT and ICAR respectively.